I was challenged to make an Artist Trading Block for a "Fun Challenge"....I call them cubes or blocks, I never knew the correct title for them.
So with a free Graphis45 paper pad, measuring 6"x 6" that I got a while back with a craft magazine, I set too and designed my cube.
From this 3"x 3" wooden cube.......
The papers were just perfect for this project and so were all the little images...each side depicts a month of the year, May,June,July,August and September....the underside holds my details...
I'm having a real problem with my sinus's at the moment, can't breathe properly and my eyes are streaming, not a thing I suffer with usually.
So rather than sit around I've done a bit of spring cleaning and then made a Tag for a challenge....only to find out afterwards that it was the wrong theme. Well I am blaming the blocked sinus's for that,it stopped the oxygen reaching my brain, so I couldn't think normally,lol
This Tag has a Music Theme...I love the image of the couple, so vintage and so romantic.
Now here is the correct Tag I have made for the challenge...the theme is "Time" I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do,being brain dead for the lack of oxygen, thanks to my sinus's...then as I looked through my stamps I found this Tulip Girl that I bought from a friend last year.
So I distressed the edge of the Tag with Mowed Lawn distress ink, stamped the girl and coloured her....adding a sentiment that I computer generated.
Thank you to all that drop by my blog and leave a comment,it means a lot...
I've had this little Book Box in my craft room for ages, each time I picked it up, nothing creative happened so I kept putting it back on the shelf. Then I had a moment, like we do and I had the perfect theme for altering it.
I was inspired to making this book box in to an odds & ends box, something my father always had, he also used his old tobacco tins too.
So here it is,my All Male Book Box, which is my design team project for Altered Eclectics...their challenge starts today.
I gessoed inside and outside of the book box, then painted it several times with cream acrylic paint.
Once it was completely dry I dry brushed over it with brown acrylic paint. After leaving it over night, I lavishly applied Korma Crackle to age it, leaving it in a warm room to speed the crackle up...I was really pleased with the effect, well worth applying the Korma Crackle quite thickly in a couple of areas.
The images and labels and tickets are all from my stash, some of which I used for a topper for the box, adding a large brass paper clip for effect.
All the trinkets inside the box are also from my stash, in fact the keys, button and buckle strap were actually my fathers and the collar stud in the bottom right was my grandads.