Thursday, May 25, 2017

Tag # 49...A Country

Well, this is a theme that I have rarely used and having so many country type rubber stamps,I thought it was about time I used them, so used the theme for this week's challenge over at Go Tag Thursday.

The first Tag is France....using some stamps by Darkroom Door.

I am entering this Tag in to the challenge over at
  Tag Tuesday where the theme is Anything Goes.

My 2nd Tag is USA...stamps again by Darkroom Door.

I am entering this Tag in to the challenge over at
  Tag Tuesday....the theme is Anything Goes.

So do you love making Tags..then why not head on over to Go Tag Thursday and join in with this weeks challenge.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Tag # 48 Tag...Tape Measure or Ruler

This weeks challenge is now underway over at Go Tag Thursday...the theme is Tape Measure or Ruler.
I have made 2 Tags this week, both within the theme, but totally different from one another...

 This Tag was made from papers in my stash..and the flower were die cut from papers from the same set. I also added a wooden tape measure button.

This Tag was made using a stamp from Darkroom Door and other Measurement stamps that I also have in my stash..

So if you fancy a challenge why not pop over and join in...the challenge is here at
                                  Go Tag Thursday.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Tag # 47 Friendship...

The theme this week at Go Tag Thursday is "Friendship"

These are my designer Tags for the challenge....

This is a weekly fun challenge..would be lovely to see you over there....
You can find the challenge here at 

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Face Tag....

I liked the theme over at Tag Tuesday that I just had to go and make a Tag for their challenge..The theme is Faces.
I have had this little rubber stamp for years and it rarely sees daylight....

I used a brown tag  that I covered with a scrap of backing paper.
I then cut a smaller tag from corrugated card, swiped it with black distress ink, added some lace and a flower...

After adding the smaller tag to the main tag I rubber stamped the image and layered it on rust card and added it to the tag as the finish I added the eye lens just to highlight the face...
I am really pleased with the way the tag looked when finished...
There is still time to enter the challenge at Tag Tuesday which you can find HERE

Friday, May 5, 2017

In the Pink....

Well, I never realised how tricky it was to photograph "Fuschia Pink" acrylic paint..get the light wrong and it looks red..I must have taken about 20 photos,lol...
So this is my mdf  "Live" free standing ornament that I have created for More Mixed Media this month.
As always it is anything goes,but with an optional colour twist..and this month's twist is "Pink"

I gave the ornament a coat of gesso to prime the mdf..then I gave it 3 coats of Fuschia Pink acrylic paint and I set it aside to dry completely.
Once dry I randomly stamped some script on each of the letters in black Stazon ink.
From my stash I sorted a few pink and white flowers and some organza ribbon for decoration,added a couple of coiled wires and some gems.
You can find this months challenge here at 
I am entering this in to  the challenge here at 

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Mechanical Tags

Another week, another challenge...over at Go Tag  Thursday this weeks challenge has just launched.
The theme is are mine..

I am entering the Tag above in to the Anything Goes Challenge at

Do pop over and join in...would love to see you there...

You can find the challenge here at 

Monday, May 1, 2017

Summer is on it's way

Not long no until the summer is upon us...this is what inspired me to create this little plaque as my design team project for Rhedd's Creative Spirit

I gessoed the plaque before painting it with white acrylic paint, then when that was dry, I dry brushed pale blue acrylic paint across the front.
Using the beach hut stamp from Crafty Individuals stamp set I stamped the image, more to one side than the other to allow for the embellishing.Then from the same stamp set I stamped the sentiment,which I love.
To finish I just added a bow with some blue and white bakers twine and the fibres and shells.

Do pop over to Rhedd's Creative Spirit and have a look at teamie Julie's tutorial video..also have a look at the fab projects by the won't be may even want to join in with this months challenge...

Altered Paintbrush

Well here is something I have never tried Altered Paint Brush. I've seen some amazing examples all over blog land and to be honest mine is nowhere as good as ones I have seen...but I gave it a go.
I decided to make this my project for May's Challenge over at Altered Eclectics

I started by painting the brush in Burnt Umber acrylic paint.....

Using turquoise acrylic paint I painted the whole of the brush and also most of the bristles twice, drying in between coats.
Once that was completely dry I then used Lime Green acrylic paint and just daubed it randomly on the brush and bristles and dried it thoroughly with the heat tool. I then added some crackle varnish in a few areas and left it to dry over night..I only wanted some fine cracks....and they actually turned out rather well.

Next I used some glue, the type that dries clear and added some green seed beads...boy those beads have a life of their own don't they, they kind of hop everywhere,lol.

To finish I added the metal bow, a couple of flowers, leaves and a butterfly....
I am pleased with my first attempt, I like that's its bright....I may try my hand again with one a bit more fancy.
Do please pop over to  the challenge blog..have a look through the design teams projects, you won't be may inspire you to enter this months challenge.
The challenge is here at Altered Eclectics