There are some fabulous design team projects over at Altered Eclectics for their May Challenge...I am very proud to be on their design team...
My project this month is a canvas...which I recycled...it was one that I had started quite some time ago and I put it to one side because I just lost my mojo after painting it pink!
This is a 6" x 6" box canvas...love the box style as they keep their shape and don't warp when you apply lots of paint.
As I mentioned earlier, this canvas was previously pink and not a nice shade of pink either...so I gave it several coats of white gesso.
I then painted all over with Docrafts pistachio acrylic paint and wiped it back with a baby wipe ( due to the light,the photo shows the pistachio as light turquiose! )....once dry I randomly stamped some script ( Crafty Individuals ) and post marks in black archival ink.
Using white acrylic paint and an old bank card I created some lines.
I decided then to add texture and using a Tim Holtz stencil and crackle texture paste...once that was dry I daubed yellow acrylic paint over some areas of the canvas and wiped some of it back with a baby wipe.
Then it was set aside to dry...well it was dinner time and I had to cook,lol...
I found a bird cage in my stash,no idea how long I have had that...I gave it 2 coats of black acrylic paint and sprayed it twice with Crafters Companion spray & seal to give it a shine.
The bird, again in my stash, I do know I had bought a set at a craft show a long time ago from Anna Marie Designs.
Using the Pistachio paint I daubed some on the bird and dried it using my heat tool...then I stamped a swirl on it and gave it a black bead for it's eye...this too was treated to spray & seal.
I used the spray and seal as the glossy mod podge tends to leave brush strokes which I didn't want especially on the bird.
I stained a small piece of lace yellow and glued that to the canvas...on the top edge of that I added a narrow strip of pale green cotton lace.
Adding the birdcage,bird,flowers and some wire coils.
The sentiment ( Artistic Outpost form their Outpost set of stamps ) was stamped on some card I coloured yellow, that was then added to the canvas.
To finish I used my finger and rubbed some white acrylic paint to the edges of the canvas,again wiping back slightly with a baby wipe.
The above image shows the actual colours of the canvas...apologies for the lighting on the other photos
Altered Eclectics Challenge can be found....HERE