Sunday, November 22, 2020


 Tag Tuesday's Challenge  theme this time around is "Pets" and was chosen by our lovely boss lady Valerie.

Do pop over and check our her tag...and hopefully you will find time to join in with the challenge.

This is my Tag...

I inked the tag before adding a selection of stamped images.
The boy and his dog I stamped separately along with the number on to some spare card, coloured, cut and added to the tag.
I added the cord then the happy with the way the tag has turned out as I seriously thought the background would be to dark.
Please do pop over and visit us over at Tag Tuesday we would love to see you ...x

Monday, November 9, 2020

Texture is the theme

 Wendy over at Tag Tuesday  has chosen Texture as her theme for the current challenge.

I created my tag using oxide inks and different stamps for the background.

To create the texture I mixed some Cosmic Shimmer mica powder with a little texture paste, unfortunately the end colour was a bit too dark for me. What should, or so I thought, would be a light greeny gold turned out very dark,lol.

I decided that swiping over the tag with gesso would calm the dark green down, well as you can see it did lighten it a bit.
I stamped the figures and sentiment and added them to my tag.
Hope you find time to pop over to the blog and join us in the current challenge.
You can find us here at Tag Tuesday

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Recycled Parts

 For my design team project this month for More Mixed Media, I recycled  a couple of  pieces from my old carriage clock. I've had it for about 12 years and it finally gave up the ghost,lol.

I used the metal base and painted it black, I found a circle of MDF which I painted green.

I managed to find a large-ish vintage cotton reel in my stash and painted that black...the middle section I added some hessian and black lace and a little bow.

To decorate the top of my cotton reel I first stamped the image of this cute little girl with her butterfly wings, then shaded her in.
I made a little stand, so she would stay upright, then glued her in place.
I then added bits and bobs from my stash, hessian, green stringy type fabric, no idea what it is called. I added a couple of twigs, flowers, along with a couple of green mesh cones I made that I popped a couple of pearl beads in. At the back I added some pieces black ostrich feather, finishing off with the pretty gold butterfly.

With the glass dome off.

Closer look at the top of the cotton reel.

I do hope my project has inspired you to join in with our challenge over at More Mixed Media
Always mixed media but with a colour option...a prize for the Winner too.
You can find us HERE