Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Wings is the theme.

Whoop,'s my turn to bring you all this fortnight's challenge theme over at Tag Tuesday, and the theme is "Wings"
I love this theme because there is so much scope to be creative, from winged insects, fairies, angels, even prehistoric winged creatures.
Below are my two Tags...I hope they will be enough to inspire you to join in with the challenge.

For this tag I stamped the background over distress ink. The image was stamped several times, coloured, cut and then layered up over a lace butterfly.

For this tag I stamped the image on to the tag, then again several times on spare card. Also coloured and cut and layered up. I finished the tag by using distress ink around the edges.

So get your thinking caps on and go and create something gorgeous so I can visit and leave some love on your blogs.

You can find the challenge here at

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Time for Tea

Here's my Tag for the challenge over at Tag Tuesday The theme is "Beverages" and it was Valerie's choice...a good one too, as it gave me a good excuse to use my tea cup and saucer stamp that I had free with a magazine many years ago.
Valerie's theme covers a wide selection of beverages, including alcoholic ones.
I covered my tag with some pretty vintage style backing papers.
I stamped the images on some scraps of backing paper an managed to get the design almost perfect on each cup.
The clock was also stamped on a scrap of backing paper and the sentiment was made using my alphabet stamps

 There is still time to enter the challenge..would love to see you there...
You can find us here at Tag Tuesday

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Pretty Heart Plaque

June already, where does the time
Over at More Mixed Media they have just launched this months challenge...always Mixed Media with an option of using a colour...and this month the colour is Purple.
For my deign team projects, I use a medium sized heart plaque.
First I covered it in white card, once the glue was dry I trimmed the edges. I then used distress inks to colour the background before adding the stamped images.
I found a Vellum Butterfly in my stash that matched perfectly, so I added the wire antennae before attaching the butterfly to the plaque.

I managed to find a little selection of matching flowers and made a corsage adding coiled green wire.
I attached that to the plaque using hot glue.
To finish I added the lilac string bow and flicked some lightly diluted white acrylic paint over the whole plaque.

Do pop over and check out the challenge, you can find it here at