Followers

Monday, August 26, 2013

Dress Form Altered Canvas




This is only the second time I have altered a canvas, a little longer than my last one,this one being  7.5" x 9"...and once again I have thoroughly enjoyed getting messy,lol.
The dress forms are from Craft Shapes Torbay and I have had them for a quite a while, they have sat patiently in a box waiting to be used,lol.
For this canvas,as you can see from the pictures,I have used several bits and bobs, along with some flowers,beads, lace etc. My favourite embellishment is the Humming Bird,which was a brooch my Aunty gave to me,she had found it in a charity shop and bought it knowing I love Humming Birds.I removed the clasp before adding it to the canvas.
I used Cosmic Shimmer Sprays in Vintage Raspberry and Plum Twist....I also used my own mix using Pearl Mica powder for the dress form and center area of the canvas. To finish I then highlighted some of the embellishments with Viva Inka Gold "Platin"

I am entering my canvas in to 2 challenges....
the first challenge is over at.... http://craft-roomchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/...their requirements are that you use some "Old or New Stash"....so my new/old stash is the Dressforms and some Lace.

The second challenge is over at...http://www.crafterscornerindia.blogspot.in/2013/07/crafters-corner-challenge11-anything.html.....and their theme is "Anything Goes"

Thank you to all of you that take the time to visit and leave such lovely comments.

15 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

This is gorgeous I love it so pretty
Jacki xx

Von said...

I could spend ages just looking at all the fab elements that's gone into making your stunning canvas :) a wonderful make for the craft-room challenge
Von ☺

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Sandie this is awesome... I love all the gorgeous embellishments and such beautiful colours.

Hugs
Linda xxx

cebelica said...

Breath taking project that made my jaw drop. It's truly amazing! Hugs! xx

chrissie said...

A real 'show stopper' Sandie. It is stunning

Love Chrissie xx

May said...

Stunning canvas Sandie, Love all the amazing elements & the colour is perfect...Simply Brilliant...Love it!! Hugs May x x x

Debi said...

Sandie, this is just Sumptious to look at, loads of pretty grungey details- divine, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

Wendy said...

I love this canvas Sandie, so much to look at and every bit so pretty! Gorgeous colours too. xxx

Kay said...

Wow this is so fabulous. I love what you have done and its so inspirational. I also love the colour. A great way to keep memories(the pieces you used) together. XX

Unknown said...

Wow.Youe canvas turned out gorgeous.Love all the texture and the lovely subtle colours.Great job!Thanks for playing along with us at Crafters corner challenge #11.Wish you all the best!

Esther said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful canvas, so much lovely detail and gorgeous colour..Thanks so much for sharing with us in our 'Somthing New' challenge at Craft-Room...Esther xx

Hussena said...

Absolutely Stunning Project ..love all the beautiful texture and layering you have done on this canvas ..this is just so so amazing work Sandie !

Thank you so much for playing along Crafter's Corner #11 and Best of Luck :)

Unknown said...

This layout is beyond gorgeous!! I love the textures and the color tone!!

Fran said...

This is a really beautiful piece.

India said...

I am in pure awe! I saw this in passing on Pinterest and had to tell you how absolutely breathtaking it is!