Followers

Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Christmas Plaque....

Just wanted to share my Christmas Tree plaque with you...I actually made it for the monthly challenge run by Fernli Designs over on facebook.


This is the larger plaque which I covered in pale blue and white paper, then I stamped a music script all over the paper and swiped it with gesso.
Once dry I used watered down pale green acrylic paint around the outer areas and just as it started to dry I sprinkled it with fine glitter.....


While I waited for everything to dry, I tore paper strips to use for the tree, I also printed some words and cut and distressed the edges.
I managed to find the tiny hearts,( took a while as I had forgotten where I had put them) again by Fernli Designs and painted them in a shimmery white paint.
After adding the tree and the words to the plaque, I adhered the hearts on to the tree, adding a bow and a star for extra embellishing. I used  gilding wax around the edge of the plaque to give it a bit of a boost.


All that was left for me to do was to add the hanging cord.....I'm more than happy with the result,unfortunately the photo dosen't show how twinkly it is, the light here isn't that good today.






No comments: