Followers

Monday, August 10, 2015

Altered Matchbox

Over at Rubber Dance Stamps,they have launched their August challenge...a fab "Colour" theme too.
I had a couple of MDF match boxes that I bought from Fernli Designs and they are really nice...so I decided to alter one for the challenge.....




I coloured some art card in distress inks, cut them, then glued them to my matchbox.
I also covered the front of the drawer and added beads for the handle.


Using the set called "Take the Plunge" I stamped the images.....stamping an extra image of the lady on some spare card, which I coloured and overlaid on the image on the box.
At this stage I used a spray and shine sealer over the whole matchbox and it really added a sparkle and enhanced the colours.


I added the trims to the top and then lined the base of the drawer, adding a seed packet tied with raffia.


To finished I used glossy accents on the lady's hair and clothes...unfortunately the light really wasn't in my favour and the accents are not showing that well....
So if you fancy a "Colour Challenge" why not pop over to this lovely blog....





9 comments:

Bibi Lindahl said...

Oh, my - what a beautiful, beautiful box! Cute details with the beads for the handle. Thank you so much for using my stamps when entering our challenge this month. They look FAB! :-))))

Artatag said...

What a wonderful project! I love the colours you used to create this little tresure box!

Rupa Swaminathan said...

LoVE IT...such vibrant colors and love the image, Sandy.

Zoe said...

Oh that's superb Sandie, love the colours, so vibrant and cheerful xx Zoe xx

ionabunny said...

So pretty. Love this lady. Such a colourful and fun piece. Thanks for sharing with us at the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Anonymous said...

Great matchbox
Love the colours and image, as well as the seeds for the inside
Great all round
Jan
X

Majo said...

Wow, so beautiful!! Great use of our colours and theme this month! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps ♥

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

What a beautiful creation Sandra, I am in love with this. Beautiful use of stamp image and colors!!

Susanne Rose said...

Wow!!! This is wonderful. Thank you for joining our challenge over at Rubber Dance! Hugs, Susanne.