Followers

Friday, October 5, 2018

Halloween Triptych

I am so pleased I was ahead of myself and got my project for this months challenge made a few weeks ago...to be honest I thought I had already written up my post for today and scheduled it for today..I hadn't,lol.
So this month's challenge at More Mixed Media  starts today and runs for 4weeks.
The theme is always Anything Goes..with an optional twist..and the twist this month is Orange.



I created this triptych from scratch by cutting the 3 arches from pressed paperboard, it's quite thick, so I had to be careful using my craft knife.
I gessoed each piece and then swiped over yellow orange and brown acrylic paints, blending each time with a baby wipe.
Using the fab IndigoBlu stamps I stamped each arch.
For the owl, books, bird and sentiment, I stamped them on some card, shaded them and added them to the arches.
Finally I distressed the edges in ink.
I do hope you will pop over and join us for this challenge at More Mixed Media...there is a prize on offer too...so well worth a visit.

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful, autumnal triptych. Valerie

Words and Pictures said...

Love the journey from dark to light across the triptych, and all those fabulous spooky images. The owl is wonderful.
Alison x

Jackie PN said...

Sandie, this is an absolutely beautiful triptych!
Well done with your chosen coloring and stamps!
Jackie xx