Followers

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Sewing Lady




It's time for the new challenge over at   http://crafty-emblies.blogspot.co.uk/  do pop over and have a look at this blog, not only are there some stunning makes by the Design Team, there is also a fabulous prize on offer.
This is my DT entry.....I had so much fun making this, it was like furnishing a dolls house, lol.
I have used a Tim Holtz configuration box and decorated each individual box with vintage papers. Once I'd finished that I put all the boxes back in to the base and used washi tape around all the edges that would show through the lid. 
Now comes the fun bit...most of the Crafty Emblies I have painted, for the sewing machine I have used  black and gold, 2 pairs of scissors, one gold, one silver and a few of the buttons in blue and a couple of buttons are just inked. The gloves are painted in a pearl paint and once dry I used a lace stamp and black stazon ink to give them a lacey effect....although it dosen't show up to well in the photo.
So while I was waiting for the paint to dry, I started to fill the boxes, using mini cotton reels ,material ,pins and those fabby crafty-emblies dress forms.
 I then added the lid, which I have edged in washi tape, finally adding the gorgeous box feet and a paper lady I cut out from an old calender.
I hope you enjoy looking at my Sewing Lady, I thoroughly enjoyed making this project.







10 comments:

Unknown said...

its so so stunning, this is just a work of art and I bloody adore it - such a good piece, your a talented ladie xx

Angela said...

Hi Sandie, I'm in awe of what you can do with paper and ink. This is an amazing piece of art. Just love it.
Ax

cheryl said...

oh Hunny this is just fantastic just adore this too bits,your detail is just fantastic Hun hugs Cherylxxxx

Vee Cassidy said...

Oh Sandie this is a total art piece I love it so much. All the attention to detail is wonderful Vee xx

angie clarke said...

OMG, I love this hun, it is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had an ounce of your talent. xxx One clever lady you are. xx

angie clarke said...

OMG, its fab, you are one talented lady Sandie. I love it. Well done Hun. xxx

chrissie said...

This is amazing Sandie-so many things to look at and all of the perfect.

Love Chrissie xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

What a great piece of work. So much detail has gone into this. Lovely!

Lisa x

lady jasmine crafts said...

I love this Sandie its fantastic xxx

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful xx