Followers

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Nautical Arches

Time again for another challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.....as always it's an anything goes challenge,so long as it's altered art.
My design team project is this lovely pair of wooden arches.



I prepared the wood for painting by covering the complete piece in gesso...then painted over with blue metallic acrylic paint.
I stamped my image on to white tissue,then coloured it before adhering it to the first arch.
Once it was dry I then dry brushed over some white acrylic paint. The 2nd arch I decorated with some mesh, netting and all things nautical...I also added embellishing to the first arch.

You can find the challenge HERE....there is also a fabulous prize on offer.



4 comments:

Sammy said...

I love, love, love this Sandie! I adore the nautical theme and all those delicious shells and colours and the texture... So gorgeous! x

Anonymous said...

Beside the seaside......beside the sea!
I love the seaside and I love your interpretation of it.......
Beautiful art work
Jan x

crafty creations said...

Brilliant transformation Sandy - so much detail so perfectly done

Carol said...

Brilliant - gorgeous arches x