Followers

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Shabby Plaque

It's time again for another Altered Art Challenge over at Altered Eclectics.....as part of their design team I decided to make a Vintage/Shabby Chic Plaque from some cardboard.





I used some cardboard from my printers box, stripped the front layer down to reveal the corrugation.
Then I used white acrylic paint and swiped it across the cardboard.


The image was a freebie which I printed off and mounted on card....then I added layers of fabric and lace on to the plaque.
For decoration I added the creamy seed pods, ribbon bows and bead trim, then added the mounted image.
The hanging piece is actually from a paper carrier bag, its not string, more like twisted paper to look like cord, just perfect for what I needed...I twisted some raffia around the handle for effect.
This pretty plaque measures 6" x 8" and is now hanging on my wardrobe door.
Just to remind you that the challenge is HERE....looking forward to seeing you over there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful piece
Jan

Carol said...

Love that image and the finished hanging is so delicate and feminine x

Sammy said...

This is so beautiful Sandie. Love it!! x

crafty creations said...

Hi Sandie - what a wonderful vintage hanging - love the texture and elements you've added

I am soon to be your fellow teamie so am popping around the blogs to say Hi

Hugs Hilda