Followers

Monday, June 1, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas

So today is officially the start of the Summer...what happened to the last 6 months, didn't seenm that long ago and it was Christmas,lol.
The June challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit has launched...as always altered art only.

This is my design team piece, my mixed media canvas....the photo is actually my godmother getting married,circa approximately 1948-1950.


I am only showing you the one photo of my canvas for now...the reason why is that each design team member creates a mid month tutorial and this month it is my turn....

If you would like to see how I have created my canvas, do pop back here on the 15th June....as well as seeing it over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit



6 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous canvas, love it! Shirleyxx

Sammy said...

It's a stunner Sandie! So much delicious texture, and the colours are so very pretty. Love it! x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wowsers for the canvas hun - it is simply stunning just like everything else you create - always loved your work xx

Unknown said...

Oh boy Sandie - I can't wait to see the mid month tutorial - yeah!! I just LOVE this and your picture of REAL family makes it all the more special. This is probably one of my most favorite projects I have seen you do. It is the very first kind of mixed media art I ever learned to do. This one is just so dainty and delicate and sweet. I love the colors and how you placed them. It just could be any lovelier! j.

Rupa Swaminathan said...

What a lovely picture and you have just worked around it so beautifully, Sandie. Waiting for all the itty bitty details that went into the making of this lovely keepsake. Hugs.

Anonymous said...


Lots of work gone into this........
amazing canvas
Lots of texture and colour
Just right
Jan
X