Followers

Monday, June 1, 2015

A Pretty Girl

It's the 1st June...which to me,signifies the first day of summer...and I can't quite believe how quickly the last 6 months have gone.
The challenge over at Altered Eclectics is now under way...and as I am part of the fabulous design team there, this is my project for my design team piece.


I stripped back some cardboard to the corrugation underneath and swiped that with white acrylic paint. Once dry I punched two holes and added the eyelets and hanging wire.

For the focal part I stamped this gorgeous stamp from Crafty Individuals on some board that I'd lightly coloured in pink and purple.
The top section was stamped using a part of a different stamp, the size was just perfect for this.
 I coloured that piece blue,then added some pink around the edges.


I found a piece of lovely lace in my stash that matched perfectly and added that to the base of the stamped image and then overlaid the lace with some clear plastic bead trim.
Finally adding a few flowers and a little sparkly heart.
If you like altered art and fancy a challenge, why not pop over to the blog here at Altered Eclectics


1 comment:

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Sandie, This hanging is so very lovely. Beautiful colors and great attention to detail.
Absolutely beautiful piece, :) Chris / CS Designs