Followers

Monday, November 5, 2018

More Mixed Media

I've been decorating some hearts for christmas so I thought I would make one that fits the theme over at More Mixed Media.....as always the theme is Anything goes..with an option and that option is Black.


I have several sets of these birch wood folk type hearts, I used the largest one for this project. I painted it twice in acrylic black paint, set it aside  to dry.
I used one of the smaller hearts and traced around it on some thick card and cut it out.
 I stamped the sentiment and distressed the edges in distress ink.
Back to the large heart, which was now completely dry. I added some green mesh, burlap and sisal fibers to the heart ( I used hot glue  to secure in place ) then added the small heart.


From my stash I added some leaves that I had previously stamped, a few that were glittered and a few that were heat embossed. I made a small bundle of twigs tied with string..so adding the sycamore seeds and leaves first I layered the cluster up..adding the Autumn label and a string bow.
To finish I flicked over the finished heart with a paintbrush loaded with some white acrylic paint that had been thinned slightly with water.
Do pop over and join in with the challenge..you can find it here at 



1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous mixed media heart love the black background,great texture and beautiful Autumn leaves
Carol x