Followers

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Recycled Parts

 For my design team project this month for More Mixed Media, I recycled  a couple of  pieces from my old carriage clock. I've had it for about 12 years and it finally gave up the ghost,lol.



I used the metal base and painted it black, I found a circle of MDF which I painted green.

I managed to find a large-ish vintage cotton reel in my stash and painted that black...the middle section I added some hessian and black lace and a little bow.



To decorate the top of my cotton reel I first stamped the image of this cute little girl with her butterfly wings, then shaded her in.
I made a little stand, so she would stay upright, then glued her in place.
I then added bits and bobs from my stash, hessian, green stringy type fabric, no idea what it is called. I added a couple of twigs, flowers, along with a couple of green mesh cones I made that I popped a couple of pearl beads in. At the back I added some pieces black ostrich feather, finishing off with the pretty gold butterfly.


With the glass dome off.

Closer look at the top of the cotton reel.


I do hope my project has inspired you to join in with our challenge over at More Mixed Media
Always mixed media but with a colour option...a prize for the Winner too.
You can find us HERE









1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Sandie, this is I'm sure a LOT prettier to look at now! Wonderful work here, I'd have a mess in no time -- haha, no time for me. Ok, I'll stop now. {winkwink} Hope you are staying well and safe and warm! XOX