Followers

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Owl Postcard

 Happy Sunday Everyone, it's such a lovely day here today, sunny and set to get warmer, but for now being slightly cooler this early in the day suits me well.

So on to my Postcard for the challenge over at Sunday Postcard Art  The theme has been chosen by Mandy and it's Owls.

I love Owls and I am lucky to be able to hear them from across the farmland nearby, more so at night when the rest of the world is sleeping, crystal clear sounds.

Here is my postcard...a Tawny Owl.



An interesting fact....something I didn't know.

The 'too-wit too-woo' call often referred to as being the song of the generic owl, is that of the tawny owl. But it isn't the call of a single bird, but instead made by a male and female calling to each other. The female makes a 'too-wit' sound and the male answers with 'too-woo'!

You can find the postcard challenge here at Sunday Postcard Art 

( postcards must be 4"x 6" but can be any medium )

9 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful postcard and love the fabulous owl-I didn't know that but when we hear the owls it's always the too-woo so just the male calling then- very cool and overcast here today!
Carol x

Rosie said...

A wonderful card

bockel24 said...

Oh, I´m envious that you have owls for near, I´d love to see them in their natural surroundings - but then I´m a city girl, soooooo .... nope.

Gillena Cox said...

Bravi. Nice words and art.

My owl card is HERE
Happy Sunday

Muchđź’–love

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Interesting fact and lovely artwork.

Deann said...

Oh he is beautiful what a wonderful face. great job.

Mandy Chilvers said...

Absolutely beautiful postcard

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely card & quote!

peggy gatto said...

He is a beauty!!