Followers

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

February..the month for Love...

Not quite a romantic heart  to define Valentines Day,but a pretty heart none the less....my project for this months challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.



My heart started as a plain old polystyrene heart that has been knocking about in my craft room for ages..so I decided to do something with it...
To start I painted it twice with Gesso...then using a selection of Do Craft inks sprays I coloured it..set it to one side to dry....in the mean time I sorted out some embellishments.
Once the heart was dry I spread a little PVA glue to one side of the heart and sprinkled on some micro beads...boy, these little suckers have a life of their own don't they, they literally popped around everywhere. I left the heart to dry over night.


Once I knew everything was completely dry I pierced through the centre of the heart with a very fine knitting needle and then pushed through the cords from my tassel.
To finish I glued on the flowers and the pearls...
Do pop over to the blog and have a look if you enjoy altered art..you can find it HERE

7 comments:

Sammy said...

Gorgeous heart Sandie! And yes, micro beads (and seed beads for that matter) are tricksy little so-and-sos, lol. x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Stunning heart - would never believe this started out as a polystyrene heart. You have worked magic as always hun xx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Sandie I like this much better than predictable old red! Micro beads sometime massage my feet here too BUT not in a pleasant way.I love this pretty embellishment to hang on my dressing table. Thanks for the love on my blog.

Rupa Swaminathan said...

This is just so so pretty! The original seems to have had a good makeover, lol!

SewPaperPaint said...

What a stunning little box! I adore the colors and composition! Hugs, Autumn

Carol said...

Such a beautiful way to decorate a heart - I love it Gorgeous -as always xxx

Andree said...

A beautifully decorated heart. The gorgeous flowers, pearls and pretty tassel are all wonderful. Micro beads are fiddly little demons xx