Followers

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Mini Houses

Little boxes on a hillside,little boxes made out of ticky tacky..do you remember that song from many moons ago..well that's the theme behind my mini houses..not quite boxes though..as you scroll through the photo's you will see how I have created these mini masterpieces..apart from the papers and embellishment,each mini house is made from Fernli Designs domino shapes and off cuts.



                              This is what I started with...


I selected a few of the domino shapes for the taller house and also several squares /rectangles for the smaller houses....cutting some squares diagonally to create the apex under the roof...


I glued pieces together for thickness and added the apex for each house...


Once all the pieces were dry I decorated each house with Prima's Engraver papers...and then added and papered the roof of each house.


To finish I added a word to each house and some keys....


The first house is just 3.5" high (9.5cms) the second house is 2" high (5.5 cms) and the third house is just 1.5" high (4.5 cms)
I just love them and had so much fun making  them too....

2 comments:

Whimsytouches said...

These are so cute. I love little art, I get angst creating over 8x8 and specially things like this. Going to have to look at these little houses.

Mandy Twitchen said...

These are amazing and what a fantastic idea I love how your brain works and you have inspired me tfs xx