Followers

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Sweet Christmas Wall Hanging

 More Mixed Media  have just launched their last challenge for this year.

I hope that a few of you will pop along and join us, there is a prize on offer, so well worth having a look.

Always Mixed Media, but with an optional colour twist. This month the colour option is WHITE.


My project for the design team is this pretty wall hanging...I just love this stamp from a set by Artistic Outpost, the little girls face is stunning. I just tinted her lip slightly and also her hair as I felt it really didn't need "colouring in"
I cut the base in very thick white card and went over it with a couple of stamps, fir sprigs and fir cone.
I layered up a piece of muslin and then some green & gold mesh.
Using some white fancy wool ( love the fibres ) I wound some around the base before adding the 2 decorative pieces to the both sides of the image, then added the image to the hanging.
I punched 2 holes at the top and used the same thread to hang it with, also added 2 snowflakes brads to the points on the hanging.
Finally I finished it by adding 2 die cut reindeer.
Do pop over and join us if you can...you can find us here at 

I am entering my project in to these great challenges...

Country View Challenges-Anything Christmas
Crafty Creations-Anything Goes




2 comments:

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Lovely artwork, Sandra!
Hugs from Spain

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi again! I'll be entering at Mixed Media for sure as I'm just finishing up a silver and white card. I hope you always remember me as that crazy Aimes who loves her Artistic Outpost stamps about as much as you do. Love seeing them and you have done this sweet girl full justice. I too love your fiber use - quite a lot going on here, had to que it up larger, wow! A very lovely hanging that also is a tag! XOXOX