Followers

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Traditions at Sunday Postcard Art

I was invited to host this weeks challenge over at Sunday Postcard Art  this week.

My theme is Tradition

The definition of a Tradition is a custom or belief that is passed down through the generations or that is done time after time or year after year.

An example of a tradition is eating turkey on Thanksgiving or putting up a Christmas Tree.

My Tradition is Afternoon Tea


Here is a bit of info related to Afternoon Tea

Afternoon Tea was introduced in England by the seventh Duchess of Bedford in the year 1840.
The Duchess would become hungry around 4 o'clock in the afternoon. 
The evening meal in her household was served fashionably late at 8 o'clock, thus leaving a long period of time between lunch and dinner.

I think Afternoon Tea is still a tradition many of us still follow, maybe not eating much, but if you are like me, a cup of tea and a slice of cake or a biscuit goes down well around 4 o'clock.

I would love it if you could join in with the challenge with your choice of Tradition.
Your postcard must be 4" x 6", you can use any medium.
Have fun and I will pop over to your blog and leave some love.

You can find the challenge here at SUNDAY POSTCARD ART

3 comments:

Deann said...

An adorable card and a very original and fun challenge. Thanks.

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a delightful scene! I love some Spiced Chai for a p.m. pick me up, myself. We just call it snack time over here, heehee. Hope you are doing well. Wish I could play but I am so behind right now. XOX

Sabine said...

thanks for the great theme and your comment on my advent calender.

If you let me know your postal address (sabine.busch1@gmx.de) maybe there will be a little surprise next season....