Followers

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Floral Cuteness....

 I've fallen behind with my crafting over the last few days, only takes a flare up of fibromyalgia to set me back. I had already made a start on two projects when I started to feel rubbish, but finally got them finished today.

Here are 3 collaged playing cards, exactly the same size as Artist Trading Cards.

To prepare the cards I sanded the laminate from the surface first, then went over with a light layer of gesso. Once the gesso was dry I stamped the script.

                                Click on the photo to enlarge it


I have a lovely selection of floral paper napkins and took out 3 of my favourites and adhered them to each card. I set the card aside to dry while I took the images of the little girls from another paper napkin.
These were then added to my card, again, set aside to dry.
At this point I had to leave them for a few days as I had a flare up of fibro...today I distressed the edges in ink and sealed each card with seal & shine spray.
To finish I stamped the words using individual letters.
I am entering these in to the current challenge over at



2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Aww, bless your heart. I'm reliving it as I read. Happens all too often with me as well. Good days and not so good, the only constant. That's how art and crafting helps us, we have something to get up for and go finish that if we are lucky and can, and helps us forget the pain long enough to stay sane so we can live with the pain all the time. I'm so glad you got far enough along on these to be able to give them a cure and then just have a bit more to finish! They are all so very lovely. XOX

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My Sandie, not only do I have napkin envy but I am blown away by the beauty of these cards! The texture from the napkins looks amazing! Thank you so much for persevering and for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx