Followers

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Favourite Animal at SPA.

 It's Sunday, time for another great challenge over at Sunday Postcard Art

Deann has chosen the theme and it's "Your Favourite Animal"

I was torn between 2 of my favourites, Cats and Whales. I have always been more of a cat person, right from a young age there has always been a cat or two in the house...so I designed my postcard around a cat, lucky for me I had a great stamp in my stash.

This image so reminds me of my ginger cat Henry, named after my dad, we had him for 18yrs.

We did get another ginger cat after about a year, we called him Mills. When I moved in to a rented property, no pets were allowed, so my dad took him on and they lived together for many years, a good companion for my dad.

You can find Sunday Postcard Art ......HERE

9 comments:

Rika said...

stunning card!

Annie said...

Ha! What a great postcard, Sandra! It makes me smile. Cats are so smart, it doesn’t surprise me that this one obviously has a PhD in optometry. Love his top hat and the many fun details on your postcard. Also have enjoyed your story of the real cats in your life.

Deann said...

What regal looking fellow and what an adorable card...great job.

Rosie said...

Wowowow, I love this card

Michele said...

this postcard is so very perfect! i keep looking at it -- so much to see! well done celebrating sir cat! xo

Cindy McMath said...

What a fabulous feline! I love this card - and cats!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely art piece. Yes, cats are high up there on my list of favorites, too. And they do make great pets. Many think they are aloof and unaffectionate, but I've had cats that are, to the point of some following me around like a dog.

peggy gatto said...

what a "dandy"! such fun!

Aimeslee Winans said...

There's a spectacle maker for sure! Love him and your card. I did not realize a cat could live 18 years, wow! We have "custody" of a community cat for a couple years now. She's a Maine Coon breed, very sweet but skiddish. We think she became a stray and then a feral for awhile in the field in back of our house. She sleeps on our back porch, never even tries to come inside which is good because I am highly allergic. This is our first experience with a cat and it's been fascinating. They are definitely different from dogs, for sure! XOX