Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Listen to the Sea....

As a child, did you ever hold a seashell to your ear so you could hear the sea? I know I did. I spent most of my childhood (weather permitting) on the beach and in the sea. Even now I prefer to swim in the sea, rather than a swimming pool.
On then to my Atc. I just love this stamp, with its lovely shell, in fact the stamp is too large for an atc, so this is a section of it. I used sequin waste as a mask for the background,using Broken China and Wild Honey distress inks. Then I stamped just the shell and on a piece of lightweight card that I'd shaded with the wild honey ink. After cutting around the shell,I applied more ink around the edge to make it a little darker. The shell is attached to the atc with some thin sticky foam pads as I didn't want it standing too proud off the atc
I am entering this atc in to the challenge over at 



 Are you missing comments?
I have noticed a lot of blogs have embedded comment boxes. Unfortunately you will not receive my comments, possibly other comments too. I had the same problem here on my own blog and was advised to use a "Pop Out Comment Box"
So do check your settings if you think you are missing out on comments,it may be wise to change your setting.




6 comments:

chrissie said...

Beautiful ATC Sandie and the sequin waste is just right for the water effect.

Very clever stamping.

Love Chrissie xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, I just love the stamps you use. xxx

Von said...

Love it Sandie the colours and stamp work so well :)
Thank you for joining us again at Artful Times
Von ☺

Neet said...

Sometimes we forget that sequin waste is a stencil in its own right for us crafters. Love this atc - love the bold lines around the shell - it really pops.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet (sorry I am so late) xx

Carol Plume said...

I really like this ATC its so striking and the layers really pop out...FAB

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful ATC - and you are just sooo right - that stamp is really awesome!