I feel truly honoured this week, not only was I invited to host the challenge over at the Tagalong Challenge Blog by Mandy....she also invited me to host the new challenge over on her other blog "Sunday Postcard Art"...I've admired this blog for quite a while now and enter the challenge as often as I can.
This is my postcard.....the theme is "Anything Goes"
I have used my fabulous "Casablanca" stamps for my postcard (4"x6"), they are by Oxford Impressions.
Hope you like it...do pop over to the blog,would love to see you enter the challenge ....you can find it HERE
Happy Boxing Day everyone...hope you are all having a lovely christmas...
I was delighted to be asked by Mandie to host the challenge this week over at the Tagalong Challenge Blog...the theme is Anything Goes.
This is my Tag....
I love this Tag,even though I made it,lol...I think it's because I used a set of my favourite stamps,The Paper Boy by Artistic Outpost......the background I coloured using distress inks and grungy stamp, by Kaiser Craft.
Do pop along to the blog and have a look, there are always some fantastic entries...you can find the challenge here....HERE
I should be ashamed of myself...I've not blogged for well over a week. But, to be fair,I had nothing going on in my head,craft wise that is.
Today however I popped over to Mandy's fabulous Tag Challenge Blog and decided to create a Tag.
The theme is "Tiny Angel", so think of cherubs,little children with wings etc. I had just the right image for this too, I love this little angel child. The tag shape and trees are from Tim Holtz dies, I rubber stamped the crackle background all over the tag and the fern like images around the edges.
The background page I have used just for photographic purposes is Graphic45, it's actually a free pad I picked up with a craft magazine...I only bought the magazine for this pad,lol.
Well,here I am back again with another challenge. This one will run for 4 weeks and the prize will be a mystery...in fact the winner will receive the contents of the gift box,which in effect the value of 2 prizes...so well worth entering the challenge.
This is my Dt make for their theme which is Seasons Greetings or you can just go with a Winter Theme.
I decided on making a Christmas themed altered peg, adding embellishments and vintage postcards.
You can find the challenge HERE hope to see you over there...x
Time again for another fortnightly challenge over at Rhedd & Rosie's...a good theme too,chosen by teamie Fiona...."Use Old Stash"
For my Dt project I used an old internet promotional cd, which is at least 4yrs old. I had a rummage around in a few old biscuit tins and found a stack of envelopes with decoupage pieces that I had already cut out,so I chose this pink set of flowers,I added the gems to add a bit of sparkle.
The sentiment is a stamp,which must be 2yrs old now, the rest of the embellishments are from my stash.
Moira, who is one of my lovely teamies,has sponsored this challenge and is offering a fabulous prize...who wouldn't want to win these gorgeous goodies?
You can find the challenge HERE if you fancy entering...hope to see you there xx
Picture Heavy Post.
A few weeks ago my friend Tonya,who owns the CraftyHands Craft shop locally to me,asked me if I would alter a dress form for her shop,she wanted one to put on display.
Due to other commitments at the time I wasn't able to start it straight away, but that was ok as it wouldn't be going in the shop until after the New Year, maybe as late as Spring Time.
I had some free time over the weekend and decided to make a start and ended up finishing it altogether,lol.
I gessoed the dress form and painted the stand in white acrylic paint. Then I decoupatched the dress form with the floral tissue. Once completely dry,I then gave it an all over coat of matt modge podge, leaving it over night to completely dry.
The pleated organza and lace was added using hot glue, as well as adding the lace around the neck.
Finally I added the feathers,flowers and stick pins to finished the dress form...once that was finished I mounted it on it's stand and then added the embellishments to the base.
I chose the orange flowers as I wanted the whole piece to "pop", this colour seems to work better than the reds,pinks or blues.
I took this over to Tonya today and she was thrilled with it, its safely in her office for now until she displays it in the shop.