Followers

Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Stitch in Time Pockets

Picture heavy post....
I am at last able to show you the 2 stitching pockets I made for a swap. The group is over on facebook, UK&Ireland Swap Group. The Stitch in Time Pocket Swap was posted and I thought I would join in. Now my swap partner has received them I can publish the photos.

                                       Pocket One


The pockets had to be no smaller that 7" x 5", you were allowed to make them larger if you wish.They also had to have at least 2 inner pockets to hold the tags and sewing pieces.

Pocket Two


These are the large Tags, 3 for each inner pocket, all with a sewing theme.Each one was also stamped with a sewing image on the reverse.


                                                         
 These are the 6 small Tags, again 3 for each inner pocket and stamped on the reverse.


These are the sewing themed goodies that went in to the inside pockets, by the time I had finished,the pockets were virtually bursting at the seams,so I made some punched holes down the sides of each pocket and tied mini bows to ensure they would stay strong enough for the goodies....unfortunately I didn't think to take photos of the pocket once they were filled...which was a shame as the little ribbon bows looked so pretty.


My swap partner was pleased with them,which was a relief as this was my first go at making these....I have in turn received hers and they were stunning...to say I was over the moon would be an understatement.

7 comments:

chrissie said...

What a wonderful idea and both of them are stunning

Love Chrissie x

Zoe said...

I've never heard of them before, but what a fab idea, as usual your fabulous vintage style shines through, really gorgeous xx

Anonymous said...

A favourite theme of mine and this is simply a stunning idea and creation.
I love the attention to detail - glorious!
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous. love the idea.

Moira xx

Mandy Chilvers said...

wow Sandie... amazing work. gorgeous.

My Little Craftie Corner said...

Sandra these are both Goregous! :) x

Anonymous said...

These are awesome, I love your work.

Terri xx