I've envied some beautiful altered Dominoes for quite some time now and decided recently to have a "go" at altering them for myself.
I scoured Amazon and Ebay for some genuine dominoes, well, the ones that resemble the genuine ones that is and I did find some crystalline ones which are perfect..I did try with MDF and some plastic ones,but they really don't look as good as I didn't like the squared edges or the thinness of them.
I also found the alcohol inks work a treat on the crystalline dominoes.
This is my 2nd project using them, the first I am unable to show until the 1st July as it is a design team piece for the challenge over at Rhedds Altered Spirit.
My stamp for this project is by Artistic Outpost Stamps...this and one other stamp I was very fortunate to win from their May Challenge.
So I am entering this piece in to both challenges...one because it's a game piece and the other is because I love Artistic Outpost Stamps...
So here is my entry for the challenges over at
Domino Art Challenge and Artistic Outpost
I used Ginger and Mermaid alcohol inks for the background, although the ginger colour was used very sparingly as I just needed a hint, as it turned out the photo really dosen't pick that colour up very well.
To finish I brushed with gloss modge podge, left it to dry overnight,then added the bale and ribbons.
So if you fancy altering a Domino or any other game piece, you can find this fab challenge here at......Dominoart
If you own any Artistic Outpost Stamps...then pop over to their fab challenge here at....Artistic Outpost