First I selected all the shapes I needed, just a few of these are shown in the photo....then I glued the jenga blocks in twos and threes, as well as leaving some single. Any good glue will hold the blocks together..I used book glue.
After leaving the glue to completely dry overnight, I set too and sorted through some scraps of backing papers that I keep in a box, you know, the bits we keep because we know they will be useful at some point, lol...I have a large box of those bits!
I covered all sides of the blocks, as well as the triangle blocks that I set aside for the roofs, again using book glue.
Now for the fun part..I added the roof for each house, making sure they were securely glued in place, then I created some windows from scraps....adding embellishments to the roof as I went along as well as distressing the edges of each house with ink. To finish I added a word to each of the houses.....
These are all now sitting on my kitchen window sill.....they make me smile.
The next thing I did was to stamp a word on each of the key holders and then I sprayed them twice each with spray and shine giving them a nice sheen and varnish to protect them from wear and tear.
You can find the challenge here at
Rhedd's Creative Spirit