Followers

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

February..the month for Love...

Not quite a romantic heart  to define Valentines Day,but a pretty heart none the less....my project for this months challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.



My heart started as a plain old polystyrene heart that has been knocking about in my craft room for ages..so I decided to do something with it...
To start I painted it twice with Gesso...then using a selection of Do Craft inks sprays I coloured it..set it to one side to dry....in the mean time I sorted out some embellishments.
Once the heart was dry I spread a little PVA glue to one side of the heart and sprinkled on some micro beads...boy, these little suckers have a life of their own don't they, they literally popped around everywhere. I left the heart to dry over night.


Once I knew everything was completely dry I pierced through the centre of the heart with a very fine knitting needle and then pushed through the cords from my tassel.
To finish I glued on the flowers and the pearls...
Do pop over to the blog and have a look if you enjoy altered art..you can find it HERE

7 comments:

Sammy said...

Gorgeous heart Sandie! And yes, micro beads (and seed beads for that matter) are tricksy little so-and-sos, lol. x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Stunning heart - would never believe this started out as a polystyrene heart. You have worked magic as always hun xx

Julie Short said...

Sandie I like this much better than predictable old red! Micro beads sometime massage my feet here too BUT not in a pleasant way.I love this pretty embellishment to hang on my dressing table. Thanks for the love on my blog.

Rupa S said...

This is just so so pretty! The original seems to have had a good makeover, lol!

Team Clark said...

What a stunning little box! I adore the colors and composition! Hugs, Autumn

Carol said...

Such a beautiful way to decorate a heart - I love it Gorgeous -as always xxx

Andree said...

A beautifully decorated heart. The gorgeous flowers, pearls and pretty tassel are all wonderful. Micro beads are fiddly little demons xx