As you know my first project was the Atc Box & Atcs, which you can see HERE
For this project I have altered Fernli's 4 Drawer Chest....it arrives flat packed, but is very easy to assemble...I used Pinflair book glue for the drawers for extra bonding, but you can use the glue of your choice
After assembling the unit and allowing the glue to dry, I gave it a light coat of burnt umber acrylic paint and then added designs in texture paste on the tops,sides and also the front of the drawers..I left the centre front of the drawers clear for the handles.
Once everything was dry on the unit I gave it 2 coats of Burnt Umber acrylic paint and then highlighted the textured areas using and Gilding wax and then dabbed Rusty Patina randomly over the whole unit...I also painted the inside of the drawers with Terracotta coloured acrylic paint.
I assembled the chest and starting on the right hand side I added the elements that I had prepared earlier....
Below is the left hand side.
Here is the top....
I added the ball feet to the chest and the handles to the drawers...not exactly what I wanted for the handles, but when folk let you down you have to adapt.
Below I have added a few more images....there are slight colour differences between some of the photos, the weather had been so bad for a few days it was hard getting a good light.
As you can see this chest is just perfect for all my Fernli Embellishments.
I do hope you have enjoyed this blog post..many thanks to all of you that dropped by and left a comment...
I will be back shortly with my 3rd and final project.