Followers

Monday, May 1, 2017

Summer is on it's way

Not long no until the summer is upon us...this is what inspired me to create this little plaque as my design team project for Rhedd's Creative Spirit


I gessoed the plaque before painting it with white acrylic paint, then when that was dry, I dry brushed pale blue acrylic paint across the front.
Using the beach hut stamp from Crafty Individuals stamp set I stamped the image, more to one side than the other to allow for the embellishing.Then from the same stamp set I stamped the sentiment,which I love.
To finish I just added a bow with some blue and white bakers twine and the fibres and shells.

Do pop over to Rhedd's Creative Spirit and have a look at teamie Julie's tutorial video..also have a look at the fab projects by the team...you won't be disappointed....you may even want to join in with this months challenge...

4 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

wow so very seaside'y' - beautiful hun xx

Sammy said...

I loooooove this! we'll be heading off for a trip to the seaside at the end of the month, and this has really helped to put me in thew mood! Gorgeous! x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

How different the seaside is in Britain. Your piece Sandy is evocative and such fun....I'm off soon to a wild open and oft dangerous beach for a week teaching a very different workshop.

Rupa Swaminathan said...

How adorable are these!!! LOve it to bits, Sandie.