To be fair I had put it with all my other stash and like most of us, forgot about it, it only resurfaced while I was looking for something else!
So I kept it one side to use for my Dt project for
Rhedd's Creative Spirit.....
The frame was in very good condition so needed no adjustment.
In the photo below you can see at one time it had a "back" to it
I cut a "back" from some thick mount board.
I then laid the frame over the mount board and pencilled in the "windows"
I used some pretty Paris themed paper and covered the windows that I had marked in pencil.
Once the glue was dry I slid the "back" in to the frame to be sure the "window" sections were in their correct position..then I removed it and painted the frame in cream acrylic paint.
Once the paint was dry I added the "back" and tacked it in to place using a few small pins.
From my stash I had steadily sorted through some trinkets, knick knacks and added them to the windows. I found a lovely vintage photo that I trimmed for a metal frame and added that to a window.
I kind of had a bit of a haberdashery them going on in my head, so I cut some small pieces of fabric and tied them in bundles..wrapped lace and ribbon on to some reels...I even found a small MDF sewing machine,that has been in my stash for years,lol..
Once I was happy with all the furnishings I added some ribbon and a pink rose to a dress form and adhered that to the side of the frame.
All in all I am very happy with this project.....I've since added a hanging bracket on the back, so this now hangs on my bedroom wall.
Do pop over and take a look at the design teams creations for this month...we are an altered art/ mixed media challenge blog ( no papercrafts ) so maybe you would like to enter the challenge...
You can find it here at