Sunday, April 1, 2018

New Pen Pot

My design team project for Altered Ecletics this month is an altered coffee tin.
I had some gorgeous double sided vintage papers in my stash..and decided to go with these for my tin.

First I adhered the book label to the front of the tin..then after cutting the middle section ( about halfway down ) of the main paper and curling back the corners, I then adhered that to the tin..making sure that the label was visible.

For the trim I used some hessian and overlaid that with dark brown lace. From my lace remnants I found a pretty piece of lace that I scrunched up a bit and adhered it to the front of my tin..adding a couple of leaves and flowers.
I really like the way this looked after finishing..perfect for my pens...
Do pop over and check out this months challenge at
                             Altered Eclectics


Sammy said...

Oh wow, this is so pretty! Loving the colours and the vintage look x

Judy McKay said...

Lovely Altered tin Sandie. Great colour scheme. Have a creative week. Judy DT