Followers

Friday, June 1, 2018

Altered Puzzle Pieces

It's the Ist of the month, so another challenge is starting over at
Rhedd's Creative Spirit.
The design team have created some stunning projects,so I really hope you will pop along and join in with the challenge.
Always Altered Art, Recyled Projects. Mixed Media...anything made of wood, or wood substrate or grey-board...definitely no paper-crafted items.

For my project this month I altered several puzzle pieces, one of which I will be showing in another blog post.
These pieces are large, brightly coloured and were laminated,so I had to sand that back.
I painted the pieces 3 times with gesso.


I inked up the pieces with a selection of colours and then stamped over the whole puzzle piece and left it to one side, while I worked on the next piece.


Using the same inks I coloured the second piece and then used another nautical stamp..this one worked well as I managed to keep the girl image complete.


To finish the pieces I sprayed them with a gloss sealer...added some chains, beads etc from my stash..
If you would like to join in with the challenge you can find it here at 


5 comments:

Lys said...

A very original idea. I love the blending colours and the stamping. That could be earrings!

Priya Satish said...

I'm totally in love with this work. Cool idea.

Judy McKay said...

Very lovely work. Beautiful colours and design. Have a creative week. Judy

junemac2 said...

How very beautiful Sandie, love them x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

These are fabulous Sandie....love the colours too! Aren't puzzle pieces versatile?