Followers

Monday, January 18, 2021

SPA. Add a frame or Border

 Just sharing with you my postcard that I have made for Sunday Postcard Art.

The theme this week is to add a frame or border to your postcard.

As usual, I sat at my work desk and really had to think what I was going to create. So I rummaged through my stamps and took out one that I've not used in a while and decided to created my postcard around it.

I used a printed image of a frame, it was slightly smaller than my postcard, which has to be 6"x4". So I thought, thats no problem, I'll glue it to my card, lol.

To start I stamped the image twice on to card, then I cut my postcard from some brown card.

I trimmed the frame and cut a slit in it just above the number 5, that way I could slot my image in place before adhering it to my card.



Once assembled I coloured and cut the hat from the 2nd stamped image and added it to his head.

Using a different stamp I stamped and coloured the number and added it to the corner of the postcard.

Do pop over to the blog and join in if you can, also check out the awesome talent there.

Sunday Postcard Art



7 comments:

Deann said...

Wonderfully fun and whimsical...beautiful work.

thepozbabe said...

Oh my goodness. I love it. I love lots of layers.

thepozbabe said...

I love that. He looks like fun. xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Oooh, this is fantastic. I like the contrast of color and brown / black. Well done.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Sandie! Hope you are well. That's some clever construction there. The bottom with the patterned paper is interesting, but so is that frame. Kudos to you for taking it on and making a cool piece. XOX

Rika said...

how fun,
i love his colourful wings.

Cindy McMath said...

He’s brilliant - love it!