Followers

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Steampunk Board

 Time seems to be flying by, in to September already and cooler weather with it too!

Over at More Mixed Media, Septembers challenge has just started.

As always it is anything mixed media, with an optional twist of using the colour brown.

For  my design team project I decided to alter a chopping board, Steampunk style.



I painted the board with acrylic paints in brown and orange, then swiping some of the paint off with a baby wipe. Once dry I used inks and a clock stencil to create the background.
I sorted through my stash for a clock, a few cogs, swirls and googles, painted them and dabbed them with some rust patina


I assembled all the pieces then added this lovely gent to sit on the clock.
Do pop over and join in with the challenge, you can find it here at More Mixed Media.








2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gorgeous piece, Sandie! xoxo

Annie said...

Sandie, I really love this steampunk chopping board! What a great job you’ve done of it. The background looks really cool. The gears and other rusted looking pieces look awesome. Great job of the rusting effect. The vintage Tim Holtz paper doll is a perfect finish. A really terrific art piece.