Followers

Monday, April 28, 2014

She's a Beauty....

I've missed entering some blog challenges recently...mind you I've had to trawl through so many, as a lot offer digi images and for me they are a complete waste of money, I rarely ever use them, plus I'm pretty rubbish at colouring.

5"x 5" Cardboard Plaque

I did manage to find a lovely challenge blog, one that I do follow but have yet to enter and it is "That's Crafty"  I have actually ordered craft goodies from them in the past and I can vouch for their service.
So the theme is "Black & White with a Splash of Colour" so this is my entry.
A piece of cardboard that is from the box my printer came in, it's really rigid. I ripped some of the backing off to reveal the corrugated bit...which I then painted in matt black acrylic paint.
Leaving that to dry I stamped my image and matted and layered it on to white and black card.
I managed to find a piece of white feather and with some white string pearls and my roses and applied them to my plaque.


The butterfly was stamped again on some spare card, which I then coloured with distress ink to match the flower...adding the same colour wire for the antennae, I adhered the butterfly to the image with a sticky pad.
You can find the challenge I am entering this plaque in to here at That's Crafty




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty, love the image.

Moira xxx

Unknown said...

Stunning! Love the flowers for a bit of color.

Deborah said...

That is such a gorgeous plaque! The splash of yellow is perfect against black. Good luck in the That's Crafty! draw.

Paula Whittaker said...

lovely piece for the That's Crafty! Challenge - thank you for taking part.