Followers

Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Row of Houses

Just popped in to post my latest creation...I had a sleepless night, just too hot, so I decided to craft instead.
My houses are for Moira's  lovely swap that she has running until the 8th August in my group on facebook...Creative Girls.

                                Showing the houses standing up.    

                                 Showing the houses flat

This is such a great swap and a first for me, I've never made a row of houses like this before, goes to show it's never to late to learn,lol.
I used the Tim Holtz die, cutting several sets in the same colour as I needed to cover the backs of the houses.
First I decorated each house separately, using scraps of backing paper and images from my stash.
To tie all the houses together I used a strip of washi tape which I folded over on itself, I actually made 2 strips then adhered them to the back of the houses. Once I had them all in a neat row I added the backs to each house, making sure I used a strong glue and taking care with all the edges, finally I added a couple of embellishments.
Just have to wait now until the 8th August when Moira will give out the names of our swap partners...whoever gets mine,I just hope they will like it,lol.



2 comments:

Gwyneth said...

What a fab project. I love the vintage look of your decoration.

Linda Gibbons said...

I love these. Will have to try it!