Followers

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Angel Heart

I've made a super decoration for my christmas tree....from a wooden heart by Fernli Designs
To start I covered the tag, back and front with some gorgeous backing paper, then added some cream coloured scrim/muslin.
On top of that I added a scrap of corrugated card that I swiped with some gesso. At this point I wasn't sure what else to add, it needed something more....so I left it alone and put the kettle on for a cuppa, lol.


After my cuppa I decided to add a section of a music sheet,just a small piece,that I distressed around the edges.


I had a look in my stash and found some lovely soft silver mesh,its almost like material,so I cut a piece and added it to the heart...was really pleased with how it was all looking.
The little Angels were from a sticker sheet, so I added them to some lightweight card so I could shape them in to a curve.


To finish I dabbed around with some glittery snow effect paste, I've had it for ages,tucked away in the drawer, in fact I was surprised it was still usable, we crafters seem to hoard everything don't we,loathe to throw anything away, lol.
Finally added my Angels, the ribbon and bow.
I think I'm going to make a few more, but with different images......watch this space,lol.




2 comments:

Carol said...

All those layers - gorgeous - the music and silver material ribbon and bow finish it off beautifully xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, and clever piece of work.
An ornament fit for a queen
Jan x