Followers

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Houses

It's been a really busy week for me, coming and going...I'm feeling tired and today woke up with a sore throat and aching like mad.Not one to give in I met up with my friend and we did some retail therapy. I'm out again tomorrow,but planning a whole day to myself on sunday, really need to chill for a while and also get my craft room tidied up and all my christmas stash put away.
I've been meaning to post these Row Houses's all week...better late than never....

I made these Row Houses with a Christmas theme,they are such fun to make, each one is individually decorated and backed.


First I covered each house with christmas themed backing paper, then I used doubled up masking tape to string them altogether. To finish that stage I  added the backs of the houses and distressed all the edges with pumice stone distress ink.


Using a selection of MDF shapes that are from Fernli Designs, I made an embellishment for each house. The sizes vary from domino size to 2"x 2" square.
Each piece was coloured using distress inks and then stamped with a few of my christmas stamps, some having a complete image and some having just a part of an image.


Once all the stamped images were dry,I coloured them and then highlighted some areas with glitter and some others with glossy accents.
I'm very happy with they way these look...may even consider making them instead of christmas cards next year...but that's a long way off yet...lol.



2 comments:

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Wow! Sandra...these are really pretty! Lots of work, that I see. Love the way you brought them all together! Lovely set of houses...hope you feel better and have a great weekend. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Smashing houses Sandie, lots of detail
Enjoy your day in when it comes, lots of vitamin c in the form of fruit and lemon tea, mebbee?
Wishing you well
Jan
X