Followers

Monday, January 5, 2015

Recycled Tag....

I've had a clear out in my craft room this afternoon, halfway through I remembered I'd not made my Tag for Mandy's challenge.
I missed a few in the later part of 2014, so I am determined to make sure I don't miss as many in 2015
Here's my Tag.....cut from a complimentary christmas card sent by Butlins,lol....


I went over the image lightly with gesso, then set aside to dry. Once dry I stamped over the whole tag using a selection of images.
I trimmed about  an inch off the bottom of the Tag, making it 5" long.
 I stamped  the image on to thin cream card, coloured and then fussy cut it.
I found some sport ticket images in my stash which I trimmed and added to the tag.


To finish I added the stamped image, the tickets and the little forgotten memories sentiment.
The edges of the labels and tag has been distressed using Frayed Burlap distress ink.
Mandys challenge ends on the 7th January, so still time to enter.
The theme is anything goes,you can find her challenge here....Tagalong Challenge


2 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Being a huge vintage fan, Sandie, I love your tag for the Tag Along Blog challenge! Subdued color palette, yet so much interest and detail everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Gesso! I have some, but not used it yet, I am now feeling empowered to use it, lol (think I was a bit scared/confused by it).....but no more.
Lovely tag, lots of work gone into it, very interesting
Ta for sharing
Jan
X