Followers

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Beautiful Gibson Girl

This has to be one of my most favoured stamps from all the hundreds ( probably well over a  thousand ) that I have in my stash. This one is by Lost Coast Designs...and as their challenge this month is to make an Atc ( Artist Trading Card ) it was just the perfect size to use.


I shaded the background using Walnut Stain distress ink, taking care to keep the centre section slightly lighter.
I stamped one image, then another on a piece of spare paper, which I cut out to use as a mask for the second stamped image....I must say, it's been a while since I used this technique and to my embarrassment it took me three attempts to get it exactly how I wanted it.
I allowed the inks to completely dry before adding colour to the hair and face...this I did by using a damp brush and lifting the ink straight off the distress ink pads.
So if you own a few,or even one Lost Coast Design Stamp,why not pop over and enter their challenge...
You can find their challenge and all the details here at



7 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks fantastic! I love Gibson Girls.

Anonymous said...

Wow!
Doubly lovely
Lol
Jan
X

Nikki W said...

Love this atc and the Gibson girl image you used. I like how you double stamped her :) Thanks for joining us at Lost Coast Designs x

Karen McAlpine said...

This image looks awesome masked! Very good idea! Thanks for joining in on the Lost Coast Design Challenge!!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

What a lovely ATC, I love the vintage feel you have give our fave Gibson Girl! Thanks for playing in our Lost Coast Designs Challenge & in case you're not aware, we now have a new Event & Challenge Blog and our Challenges will be hosted there starting with the June Challenge so look here for the new challenge and May winner details!
http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com

Tera Callihan said...

i love the Gibson girls too! great take on the ATC! :D Thank you for playing along!

Unknown said...

I agree I love this stamp as well. I love how you played with it. Thanks for sharing. Roberta At Justdoodlelove.blogspot.com