I shaded the background using Walnut Stain distress ink, taking care to keep the centre section slightly lighter.
I stamped one image, then another on a piece of spare paper, which I cut out to use as a mask for the second stamped image....I must say, it's been a while since I used this technique and to my embarrassment it took me three attempts to get it exactly how I wanted it.
I allowed the inks to completely dry before adding colour to the hair and face...this I did by using a damp brush and lifting the ink straight off the distress ink pads.
So if you own a few,or even one Lost Coast Design Stamp,why not pop over and enter their challenge...
You can find their challenge and all the details here at