Followers

Monday, May 25, 2015

Chunky Atc....

It's been a while since I used one of these...so I thought I would get out out of the cupboard and use it to enter the challenge over at Crafty Individuals


This is my chunky artist trading block, the exact measurements 2.5" x 3.5" x 1.5" ( 6.4cms x 8.9cms x 3.81cms )...the same as an Artist Trading card, only thicker.

The theme for the challenge is "Music to my Ears"....and I knew somewhere in the depths of my craft room I had a Crafty Individuals stamp that had music script and would be perfect for the background ...well it took me 2 days to find it, not all day admittedly, but it seemed like it. The reason it took so long to find it was because I hadn't put it back in to the correct folder, so that will teach me to put things back properly when I finished using it.
I coloured some card and then stamped the image a few times...( I'm not sure if this stamp is still available, as I know I've had it for quite a long time )


I cut the stamped images to cover the whole of the atc....then using another set I stamped these 2 little girls and the sentiment from the "Childhood Friendship Memories"
I coloured the girls and adhered them to the Atc...then added the sentiment.



To finish I added a couple of parchment butterflies and a silver heart and because I want to use this piece as a gift for some one, I added the cotton reel for the stand and a wooden knob for the top, that I stained in Evergreen Bough Distress ink.

So if you fancy a challenge,why not pop over to Crafty Individuals ...be sure to check their challenge rules.

6 comments:

CastleKelly Crafts said...

This is fab Sandie, I love the chunkyness of the wood x

Jean Hardy said...

I love chunky ATC's and this one is beautiful and musical. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge for May. Jean x

Flo Langley said...

Wonderful project Sandie. Love everything about it. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
Florence x

Anonymous said...

Lovely work as always.
It is fun to see different things being altered, might try it on my dog, lol
Great stamps and colours
Jan
X

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Beautiful chunky ATC Sandie!
Joanna

Scrapmate said...

A great project with a vintage feel.