I altered this bottle as my project for the Dt over at
Altered Eclectics for their September Challenge...and I love is so much, it now has pride of place on my dressing table.
I love the shape of this bottle..I actually bought it in a cheap/ thrift store and it came with the cork stopper.
I attached some muslin around the bottle then layered that up with some silver mesh and a very lacy section of a vintage cotton doily that I had bought ages ago in a charity shop...
I had a silver wired crystal spray which I cut and separated in to 3 pieces and added 2 of them to the main part of my bottle...
I actually made my large flower by stitching and then gathering 2 different pieces of lace in to a circle. I punched a circle for the back of the flower from card..I used hot glue to adhere the two pieces of lace together then added a peachy rosette I had in my stash.
I used a small piece of the crystal spray and some of the silver mesh for the neck of the bottle, finally adding the butterfly with a small amount of hot glue.
You can find the challenge here at