This was going to be my design team project for Novembers Challenge over at Altered Eclectics
I started by sanding the printed script off of the heart and gave it a good sanding down as it was actually quite rough in places.
I then gessoed the centre front of the heart where I would be placing my napkin image. I needed a light background and some of the wood was kind of orangey in places and I knew it would spoil the image.
I very lightly smoothed out the image to make sure there were no creases or bubbles..then went over it with a brayer to ensure the image was secure against the slight grain in the wood...you can actually see the wood grain in showing through the image.
I then set it aside to dry overnight.
Once the image was dry I applied matte mod podge all over the front of the heart to seal it. Once dry I added the pretty lace trimmed hessian ribbon all around the edge of the heart.
To finished I added these gorgeous blue flowers and pearl string...I am delighted at the way this project turned out, it is a lovely ornament to have in my home...
You can find November's Challenge over at