Well here is something I have never tried before..an Altered Paint Brush. I've seen some amazing examples all over blog land and to be honest mine is nowhere as good as ones I have seen...but I gave it a go.
I decided to make this my project for May's Challenge over at Altered Eclectics
I started by painting the brush in Burnt Umber acrylic paint.....
Using turquoise acrylic paint I painted the whole of the brush and also most of the bristles twice, drying in between coats.
Once that was completely dry I then used Lime Green acrylic paint and just daubed it randomly on the brush and bristles and dried it thoroughly with the heat tool. I then added some crackle varnish in a few areas and left it to dry over night..I only wanted some fine cracks....and they actually turned out rather well.
Next I used some glue, the type that dries clear and added some green seed beads...boy those beads have a life of their own don't they, they kind of hop everywhere,lol.
To finish I added the metal bow, a couple of flowers, leaves and a butterfly....
I am pleased with my first attempt, I like that's its bright....I may try my hand again with one a bit more fancy.
Do please pop over to the challenge blog..have a look through the design teams projects, you won't be disappointed..it may inspire you to enter this months challenge.
The challenge is here at Altered Eclectics