I sanded down the wooden frame as it was pretty rough..then painted both sides with gesso.
Once that was dry I followed the same process using turquoise acrylic paint.
After the paint was dry I sponged the rust effect paint in a few areas around the frame.
While that was drying I cut the chicken wire ( from Fernli Designs ) to size and added the rust effect paint to it...also did the same with the cogs and dragonfly.
I found a scrap of paper that was the perfect for the inside of my frame..once that was glued in to place, I added the watch with the attached key, securing it with hot glue.
To finish I adhered the chicken wire across the front of the frame and then the cogs ( from Fernli Designs ) with hot glue.
Finally I added the dragonfly.
Do pop over and have a play in our challenge..you can find us here at