Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Steampunk Reversed Canvas

It's time for March's Challenge over at Altered Eclectics and for my project I thought I would do my first ever reversed canvas...Yes I know it is small, but now I have the confidence to create a larger one the next time around...lol


I sanded down the wooden frame as it was pretty rough..then painted both sides with gesso.
Once that was dry I  followed the same process using  turquoise acrylic paint.
After the paint was dry I sponged the rust effect paint in a few areas around the frame.
While that was drying I cut the chicken wire ( from Fernli Designs ) to size and added the rust effect paint to it...also did the same with the cogs and dragonfly.


I found a scrap of paper that was the perfect for the inside of my frame..once that was glued in to place, I added the watch with the attached key, securing it with hot glue.
To finish I adhered the chicken wire across the front of the frame and then the cogs ( from Fernli Designs ) with hot glue.
Finally I added the dragonfly.
Do pop over and have a play in our challenge..you can find us here at 

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece Sandra, love the colours, too. Hugs, Valerie

Sammy said...

Gorgeous! I do love me some steampunk, and adding the chicken wire over the top is genius! x

Judy McKay said...

Love your canvas Sandie. The details are stunning. Have a creative week Judy

Carol said...

Awesome - love the wire, watch and key - well everything LOL xx YUMMY xxx