Followers

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

My Wooden Heart

It's time to get out all your recycling and mixed media stash and pop along to Rhedd's Creative Spirit and enter our challenge.
Myself and the design team would love yo see you so we can all pop along and leave some love on your blog.
We are a strictly no paper-crafts challenge blog..so you can let your imagination go wild with whatever takes your fancy.
Myself and my team invest a lot of our time and energy to inspire you ..and again this month our wizardry Julie will be doing a mid month tutorial on the 15th August.

I myself have had a busy month..mainly family and health issues..so my project this month for Rhedd's wasn't what I had originally planned..but never mind it turned out ok I think....


I started with this lovely wooden heart that I painted twice with gesso..then when that was dry, I cut up some sponge and daubed different coloured acrylic paints on to the heart.
I dried it with my heat tool..then using stazon ink I used my my bubble stamp and stamped that all over the heart.
I then used a paint pen and dotted inside some of the circles.


I stamped the sentiment on some yellow card and distressed the edges and added that to the heart.
I twisted some wax cord and used hot glue to add it under my feather butterfly..I then added some more wax cord for the hanging loop.

I hope to see you over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit soon.....



7 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your wooden heart is amazing! I love the bright colours with your pretty butterfly and quote - beautiful 😁. Wishing you a happy and creative week! J 😊 x

Sammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Just loving how vibrant this is. really lifts my mood just looking at it! x

Lys said...

A stunning heart which gives bright colours and lightness to life!

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful colours. Spectacular wooden heart. So many beautiful details. Have a creative week. Judy

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely gorgeous heart Sandra! I just love the background colors- they make me happy!
Thank you so much for your visit and kind words!
Jackie xx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Bright and Happy free as a butterfly...that's what the gorgeous heart says to me, Sandie. Summer and Sunshine!

Priya Satish said...

Gorgeous work with bright colours. - Priya Satish