Followers

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Seaside/Nautical Tags

I'm hosting the challenge over at Tag Tuesday for the next 2 weeks....and for my theme I have chosen Seaside or Nautical.
Living close to the sea all my life, I have many happy memories of my childhood and my own children's childhood spending such long lazy days at the beach....so this theme is close to my heart.


For this tag I coloured the background using ink dusters and distress inks in faded jeans and fossilised amber.
All the images were then stamped and then coloured using water colour pencils..this is such a lovely set of stamps that my friend had given me a while ago....


This is my skinny tag..it was cut from scrap water colour card that I had used inktense colour blocks on and swiped over with a wet brush...
I used Crafty Individual stamps for the script and beach huts and birds...I highlighted the huts with water colour pencils.
Betty Grable is a photo type stamp, that I stamped on to plain card, cut and then coloured and added to the tag...

I do hope you can find time and enter our challenge, you can find us here at
Tag Tuesday

4 comments:

Michele said...

sandie these are beautifully done! and i do love that sexy betty! your watercolors are lovely. xo

Valerie-Jael said...

Those tags are both fantastic! One of my teachers back in the 50s was a Miss Grable, but she did not look like this! Hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful theme Sandie giving off that *Feel Good Vibe* of lazy sunny days. That Greta stamp is AMAZING and I love the script and colours you have used to create it. Thank you so much for sharing.
Creative wishes & Happy Tag Tuesday Tracey x

Carol said...

Beautiful tags love them both!! xx