Followers

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Altered Dominoes

Good Morning...hope you are enjoying the cooler weather..I am that's for sure.
Not back in to full swing re my crafting, due to health reasons..but I am managing some as I would go stir crazy if I didn't ,lol...

The September Challenge has just started over at
Rhedd's Creative Spirit
As always there is no theme..but it is an altered art/mixed media blog and strictly no "papercrafts"

My design team project this month are some altered dominoes...I have so many stamps and I wanted to use a few of them to decorate my dominoes. So I had a look through my vintage style ones and selected a few that I knew would work for the size of the domino.


I removed the spinner from under the domino..the cleaned and dried each one thoroughly.
I wanted to keep the colour of the domino blank, so no other preparation for them was needed.
I stamped my images using black Stazon Ink.
To colour them I actually painted them, using LuminArt Twinkling H2O paints...they gave a nice shimmer to the images.
I left them overnight to dry and the I sealed each domino with 2 coats of spray and seal gloss medium....finally adding a bale to each one so they can be used for a necklace.

Hope you find time to visit Rhedd's this month..you can find us here at
Rhedd's Creative Spirit



8 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

The simplicity of the wonderful images stands out Sandie and needs no other embellishment.

Lys said...

Beautiful vintage images, this set of dominoes is gorgeous.

Sammy said...

These are really fab Sandie! Love the idea of using them as necklaces too. x

Jackie PNeal said...

Splendid little works! the images you chose for your dominoes are right on! these all turned out so lovely!
Jackie xo

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love these, Sandie, will be so fun to wear. xoxo

Hema said...

Always love the way you give them amagic touch Sandie....!! this was outdone and needs no extra zing to the project!! Loved it!!

Hugs
Hema

Judy McKay said...

Love them Sandie. I must get my dominos out. Have a creative week. Judy

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks so much for including info on making them. Yours are always so lovely and I have all the supplies, just scared to try it. I've pinned this post because it seems do-able reading your instructs. xoxo